Weapons Services has relocated to
766 N. Sun Drive, Suite 2090, Lake Mary. Appointments AND Walk-Ins welcome. Call 407-665-1000 to make an appointment.
We serve as a county agent for the Florida Department of Agriculture for the single purpose of performing limited permit application processing functions.
To schedule an appointment, please call 407-665-1000
- This service is only available at 766 N. Sun Drive, Suite 2090, Lake Mary.
- All forms of payment are accepted.
- Credit Cards - A processing fee* of 2.15% ($1.00 minimum) will be applied to all transactions.
- Debit Cards - A processing fee* of $1.50 must be added to your total transaction amount.
- Our convenience service fee of $12 for a renewal and $22 for an original application (to cover our cost) is in addition to the Florida Department of Agriculture permit fee.
NO PERMIT APPLICATIONS ARE PROCESSED THE DAY BEFORE OR AFTER A HOLIDAY.
- Active Military members may walk in for standby status to apply for original and
- Bring your military ID card or supporting papers with you.
NON MILITARY INFORMATION
- Call 407-665-1000 to schedule an appointment.
- Walk-in hours (for renewals only):
- Monday through Friday
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Cut-Off time: 4:30 p.m.
- Monday through Friday
- Wait time varies as standbys are assisted in-between applicants with an appointment that may be a no show.
- The permit is valid for seven (7) years.
- No replacements are performed at the Sun Drive office.
- The Florida Concealed Weapons permit is not reciprocal from state to state.
- You may use an out-of-state Driver License to apply.
- Certificates of Completion or Training from other states are accepted.
- A late fee of $15.00 will be applied for renewals expired for six months or less. After six months of expiration, you must re-apply for an original permit.
- More information is available at the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services website.
What should I bring with me to the Tax Collector's office?
- A picture ID (a driver license or state-issued identification card is perfectly acceptable)
- A copy of a training document or other certificate. (see training requirements for information about proper training documentation in the FAQ section.)
- A personal check, cashier’s check, cash or money order in the proper amount. You may also pay by credit card or debit card.
- If you have ever been arrested, you should bring with you certified copies of the court documentation reflecting the final disposition of the charge(s) filed against you.
- If you were born outside the United States or if you are a permanent legal resident alien, you will need to bring official documentation with you that confirms your citizenship status.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services links: