Permits - Concealed Weapons

Applying For a Concealed Weapons Permit

ATTENTION: Concealed Weapons Services has relocated to 766 N. Sun Drive, Suite 2090, Lake Mary. Appointments AND Walk-Ins welcome.

We serve as a county agent for the Florida Department of Agriculture for the single purpose of performing limited permit application processing functions.

Schedule an Appointment

  • This service is only available at 766 N. Sun Drive, Suite 2090, Lake Mary.
  • All forms of payment are accepted.
    • Credit and Debit Cards - A processing fee* of 2.15% will be applied to all transactions.
  • Our convenience service fee of $12 for a renewal and $22 for an original application (to cover our cost) is in addition to the Florida Department of Agriculture permit fee.


  • Active Military members may walk in for standby status to apply for original and renewal permits.
    • Bring your military ID card or supporting papers with you.


  • Schedule an Appointment
  • Walk-in hours (for renewals only):
    • Monday through Friday
      • 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
      • 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
      • Cut-Off time: 4:30 p.m.
  • Wait time varies as standbys are assisted in-between applicants with an appointment that may be a no show.


  • The permit is valid for seven (7) years.
  • No replacements are performed at the Sun Drive office.
  • The Florida Concealed Weapons permit is not reciprocal from state to state.
  • You may use an out-of-state Driver License to apply.
  • Certificates of Completion or Training from other states are accepted.
  • A late fee of $15.00 will be applied for renewals expired for six months or less. After six months of expiration, you must re-apply for an original permit.
  • More information is available at the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services website.

What should I bring with me to the Tax Collector's office?

  1. A picture ID (a driver license or state-issued identification card is perfectly acceptable)
  2. A copy of a training document or other certificate. (see training requirements for information about proper training documentation in the FAQ section.)
  3. A personal check, cashier’s check, cash or money order in the proper amount.  You may also pay by credit card or debit card.
  4. If you have ever been arrested, you should bring with you certified copies of the court documentation reflecting the final disposition of the charge(s) filed against you.
  5. If you were born outside the United States or if you are a permanent legal resident alien, you will need to bring official documentation with you that confirms your citizenship status.

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services links:

*No part of this fee is imposed or retained by the office of the Seminole County Tax Collector.