Permits and License Fees: Effective July 1, 2010
Annual Fishing Licenses and permits expire 12 months from the date of purchase.
License Free Fishing Days
Free fishing days provide an excellent opportunity for parents who don't yet have licenses to take youth fishing, or avid anglers to introduce a friend to fishing without having to purchase a license. On these days, the fishing license requirement is waived for all recreational anglers (residents and non-residents).
All other rules (e.g., seasons, bag and size limits) apply.
License-free freshwater days
- First Saturday and Sunday in April
- Second Saturday and Sunday in June
License-free saltwater days
- First Saturday and Sunday in June
- First Saturday in September
- Saturday following Thanksgiving
The saltwater waiver applies to any recreational harvest requiring a saltwater fishing license (e.g., crabbing, lobstering, scalloping, etc.) as well as fishing from shore or a boat. A snook or spiny lobster permit are not required on these days.
5 Year Lobster permit
- 5-Year Snook permit
- 5-Year Freshwater Fishing
- 5-Year Saltwater Fishing
- $ 79.00
- Annual Lobster permit
- Annual Freshwater Fishing
- Annual Freshwater Fishing & Hunting
- Annual Fresh & Saltwater Fishing
- Annual Freshwater/Saltwater Fishing and Hunting Combination License
- Annual Saltwater Fishing
- Annual Saltwater Shoreline Angler Fishing
- FREE TO FLORIDA RESIDENTS
- Annual Snook permit
- Charter Vessel/ Charter Captain/Recreational Vessel Lobster permit
- Charter Vessel/ Charter Captain/Recreational Vessel Snook permit
3 day Freshwater Fishing:
- 3 day Saltwater Fishing:
- 7 day Freshwater Fishing:
- 7 day Saltwater Fishing:
- Annual Lobster permit:
- Annual Freshwater Fishing:
- Annual Saltwater Fishing:
- Annual Snook permit:
NOTE: if you are exempt from purchasing licenses, you are not required to purchase stamps.