The Seminole County Tax Collector has partnered with the Florida Department of Health, Office of Vital Statistics to issue certified copies of Florida birth certificates to eligible individuals. With four locations offering this service, Seminole County residents needing their birth certificate to obtain a driver license or identification card will now be able to complete both transactions at the same office.
There will be an additional $6.25 administrative fee for Florida birth certificates issued at the Tax Collector offices.
Obtaining a Florida Birth Certificate
Step 1: Picture ID
If you are applying for a copy of your or your child's Florida birth certificate you must bring your valid/current picture ID.
Acceptable forms of picture ID include:
- Driver’s License
- State Identification Card
- Military Identification Card
Step 2: Eligibility
Determine your eligibility (relationship) to receive a Florida birth certificate. You must meet one (1) of the following criteria:
- Be the child named on the Florida birth certificate AND 18 years of age or older, or
- Be the recorded or listed parent of the person named on the Florida birth certificate.
Step 3: Certificate Holder Information
Be prepared to provide information about the person named on the Florida birth certificate:
- Full name of person at birth and any subsequent legal name changes
- Date of birth
- City or county of birth
- Mother’s full name including her maiden surname
- Father’s full name (if his name is on the record)
Step 4: Applicant Information
Be prepared to provide information about the person obtaining the Florida birth certificate:
- Full name
- Relationship to person named on the certificate (father, mother, self, etc.)
- Mailing address (include city, state and zip code)
- Daytime phone number
Step 5: Application for Florida Birth Record
Save time and complete the Application for Birth Record prior to visiting one of our offices.
Reminder: Please contact the Florida Department of Health in Seminole County to make changes or amendments to your current birth certificate records or print certificates with court documents or adoption paperwork.
FL Dept of Health
400 W. Airport Blvd.
Sanford, FL 32773
Fees & Payment
Certified Computer Certificate: $21.25 ($15.00 Florida Department of Health Birth Certificate fee + $6.25 Seminole County Tax Collector administrative fee). Each additional copy is $8.00.
- Available for all Florida births 1917 to present
- Computer generated copy of the original record
- Accepted as legal proof of birth and citizenship
Cash, money orders, Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover are acceptable forms of payment. Checks are not accepted. Current and valid photo identification is required.
Please note that there is a 2.15% convenience fee charged by our third-party payment processor for all credit and debit card payments.