Download a package of instructions, all necessary forms, and a checklist of documentation needed.
Applying For a Business Tax Receipt
Every business in Seminole County is required to obtain a business tax receipt. A business tax receipt fee appropriate to the type of business is charged at the time the receipt is issued.
- Seminole County issues two (2) types of business tax receipts - regulated and not regulated.
- If the business is not required to have any type of county, state, or federal certification or license, a type A $25.00 non-regulated business tax receipt is issued.
- If the business is required to have any of the above, a type B $45.00 regulated business tax receipt will be issued.
- Seminole County Business Tax Receipts expire annually on September 30th.
- You may renew your business tax receipt as early as July 1st. In this case, your business tax receipt will be valid through the date that you renewed to September 30 of the following year.
- There are seven municipalities within Seminole County. If a business is located within a city limit, two business tax receipts will be required ~ one from the city and one from the county.
- The City of Sanford and the City of Lake Mary require two separate business tax receipts.
- The cities of Altamonte Springs, Longwood, Winter Springs, Casselberry, and Oveido only issue 1 (one) Business Tax Receipt.
- These cities participate in "One Stop Shopping" and collect the fees on the County's behalf. The Seminole County Business Tax Receipt will be issued at the same time the city business tax receipt is issued. (You do NOT have to complete the Seminole County Business Tax Receipt Application).
- If the business is located within the city limits** of any of the participating cities, a trip to the Tax Collector's office is not necessary.
**If the business is physically located within the city limits - not necessarily the mailing address of the business.
City Business Tax Receipts
For more information on city business tax receipts, click on a link below to go to a particular city's website (from there, look under the Department of the City Clerk or Community Development).
Unincorporated Seminole County and Non Participating Cities
Before coming into the Tax Collector's office for the Seminole County business tax receipt, businesses located in Sanford and Lake Mary should obtain the cities business tax receipt first to assure all qualifications are met.
Businesses located in unincorporated Seminole County are required to have only a county business tax receipt issued by the Seminole County Tax Collector's office.